The Practice operates an appointment system. If you have been seen regarding a condition, it is advisable to continue to see the same doctor for that condition. We believe this offers you important continuity of care and allows you and your doctor to get to know each other well.
Children are likely to feel less threatened if they know one or two doctors well.
Help us to help you. We are piloting a new symptom checker called Doctorlink. This can allow you to see if your symptoms are of concern and can communicate your symptoms directly to the surgery.
Click here to access Doctor Link
Medical emergencies will always be dealt with on the same day.
The practice operates three appointment telephone lines into the surgery, with a queuing system. Our telephone lines get very busy especially before 11am – Please avoid these times if possible. Requests for emergency and same day appointments are dealt with as they come in throughout the day. The only real need to call early is to book a home visit. This should be made before 10.30am and a GP will assess if a home visit is necessary. Please remember that a doctor can see five patients in the time taken for one visit.
The receptionists answering your calls are all trained and work within guidelines agreed by the doctors. They do a difficult job and we ask you to bear this in mind. At the request of the doctors, they will ask you some basic details regarding your needs to ensure you are given an appointment with the right person for the right length of time. This is entirely confidential and helps us run the system efficiently and effectively which is in all of our interests.
Help us to help you
- Did you know that you can self check-in at all entrances
- Did you know that there are lots of telephone appointments; Do you really need to see the doctor or can it be dealt with by phone
- It is really important that you see (or talk to) the same doctor if they are dealing with a particular problem. This continuity of care helps you to get the best care. It is worth waiting to see the right person
- Did you know that there are many appointments available online; just register to use the online service. Ask at reception
- Did you know you can order repeat prescriptions online
View our monthly fact sheet here